Wednesday 7 November 2012

Vaseline Review



This is the BEST lipbalm EVER. I have had this chappy lips problem ever since I was a child, because of an old (and bad) habit of biting my lip and tearing off the skin on my lips... Forcefully. I am so used to the pain that I don't really feel my lips bleed until I taste the blood on my lips.

So, what does this product do to help us? These are some reviews, tried and tested by people all over the world.



  • It relieves chapped lips. I wear it for a few days non-stop (I even wear it at night before I sleep. I never left my lips without Vaseline layered thick on it. Another reason is to avoid myself from biting my lip again), and when worn overnight, my lips are ready for lipstick for one whole day. I recommend Nyx Lip Cream because they do not dry my lips at all! It's GREAT!!! I never dreamt I could wear any lipstick WITHOUT lipbalm! Actually you can also put on Vaseline first (a thin layer) and then add the lipstick. It plumps, moisturizes and keeps me from biting my lips. An essential for me!!!
  • It helps to quicken the healing of blisters. I had a blister on my forefinger after cutting some meat using a wooden-handled knife. My aunt told me to put Vaseline. In two days, the blister is gone!! Thumbs up to Vaseline (and my aunt!)!!
  • Removes makeup quite well! Smother it on your face (especially areas with heavy makeup) and rub the makeup off with your fingers. Then wash it off with a foaming facial wash. It works well!
  • If there are any problem areas on your skin (such as dry, flaky, scaly skin), rub in some Vaseline on the area. Vaseline is 100% pure petroleum jelly, hence it locks in moisture and continues to moisten the affected area. You can use it anywhere on your body. Best use it right after shower because your skin is still moist from the shower.
  • It also works as an eyeshadow base! Put a VERY THIN layer on your eyelid, and put on your eyeshadow. It will appear to be more vibrant. Cool, huh!?
  • Some also say that Vaseline helps to shrink pimples. I'm not sure on this one, but I saw a lot of people's blogs repeating the statement. Maybe it is true?
  • A tip for manicure lovers! Apply Vaseline on the skin surrounding your nails. If you accidentally painted that area, you can remove it pretty easily with the help of Vaseline! ^^ Love it!
  • It can help heal any cuts or scratches too! Put on some Vaseline directly on the wound. It avoids bacteria from infecting the area. Pretty much works like a plaster equipped with moisturizing agent.
  • Another wonderful tip! It can make your lashes LONGER~~ I have yet to try this because I keep on forgetting to put it on my lashes each night. I have very short and sparse lashes, so I REALLY hope this will work! It won't leave your eyes sticky in the morning because it had time to work overnight. Your lashes will also be easier to curl, and the mascara will stick better.

No matter what, Vaseline is the best moisturizing agent in the universe!! Apart from cheap and super-moisturizing, it has multiple uses which all of us will find very useful. It's only RM4.50 for a small jar! Try it! You won't regret it!

(edit) It's true!! I've used Vaseline on my lashes for 2 weeks and now it's noticeably longer!!! Try it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment