Saturday 3 November 2012

First Time Face Spa at Beauty Map (Mid Valley)!

So here's the story. Me and my best friend decided to meet up after a few months. I was thinking about the perfect girly activity to do on the day we meet, and I found a spa discount voucher on the internet. We each bought a voucher and we went to the spa together on 1st November 2012 after making an arrangement for the appointment by phone.
When we walked in, everything was serene. We went into separate rooms and was consulted by different people. My consultant is very friendly and she really knows how to make me feel comfortable. She checked the condition of my skin after removing my makeup, and she asked me, what are my skin concerns. So I told her that my face is oily and I have pigmentation problems. After analyzing my skin using a special camera with white light, she said, "You have a very dry skin." And I was like, "what??"
She said that my skin is oily because it lacks moisture. My skin is actually giving me a signal that I'm not giving it enough moisture, so it produces extra oil to moisten the surface of my skin. However, the skin cells underneath the surface of my skin is dehydrated., so they become weak. I have to focus on hydrating now.
About the pigmentation problem, she asked me what kind of facial wash did I use, so I told her usually I will go for whitening products, because my mother's side of the family (aunts especially) have pigmentation problems, so I am afraid it might be in the genes. She told me that I do have pigmentation problem, but this is actually related to sun exposure instead of genetics. So I should remember to apply sunblock. SPF 15 is NOT ENOUGH for my skin. But I forgot how much SPF is needed to prevent pigmentation on my skin...

Well, the spa started with:



  • a back massage (which actually made my back ache instead of feeling better)
  • removal of makeup (she kept on asking me why do I wear so much makeup because my skin condition is good, but I said it was kind of like a hobby. Also, she asked about my new Nyx lipstick which is a dark blood red color. She told me that it's not easy to find lipstick of that color)
  • diamond peeling (it was kind of like a small vacuum machine with a filter in it to show how much dead cells it has accumulated after the vacuuming is done. Yep, I can see the difference after that; the laugh line on the first half of my face she did was not as deep as the one on the other half of my face. Also, my skin is brighter and it feels smoother and lighter)
  • steaming (she uses a machine to release hot steam on my face)
  • extraction (using the acne/blackhead remover, she tried to extract whatever's left inside my pores. She said there's not much left to extract after the diamond peeling though)
  • aloe vera mask (it is the gel type which is smothered on my entire face except for the sensitive areas. She asked me whether I want to add serum or not. She provided me with 2 choices; RM30 for 3ml serum or RM140 for 20ml serum. I took the 3ml serum. She added the serum to the gel on my face, and left it for around 5-10 minutes. While the mask is on, she put on a blue light on my skin which she claims to help with pigmentation problem)
And that's the end of it. It took around 2 hours. It was an okay experience. I was not allowed to put on any makeup after the facial for a few days though...

No comments:

Post a Comment