Saturday 6 October 2012

Hair Extensions


Today I’ll post about hair extensions. Here's what I bought a few months ago:



As you would've guessed, it's a hot pink synthetic clip-on hair extension. I think it’s fun to try out new stuff, so I bought it for the first time, without any valuable knowledge about hair extensions. Plus, as far as I’m concerned, as long as it doesn’t damage my real hair, it’s ok to try it out.


Clip-on extensions are cheap (at least cheaper than a wig or doing permanent hair extension at the saloon), and they don’t damage our hair like how permanent extensions do. I’ve had some thoughts on permanent extensions but after some research I think it’s better if I put those thoughts away. I want long hair, but I can never seem to keep it long. That is why I’ve been browsing for wigs for quite a while. But god, wigs are damn expensive!!! So are permanent extensions!!!

So I settled for clip-on extensions. They’re easy to wear, but for me, it’s kind of hard to manage. Maybe it’s because of my lack of knowledge. So I started doing some research on fake hair.

Visual kei artists, cosplayers, Lolita style lovers and any fashionista should know about hair extensions and wigs. They often use very natural-looking wigs—it made them look like they actually dyed their hair instead of wearing wigs. I really like to see how they styled themselves for concerts, outings and cosplays. They look fantastic after the styling session! As you can see, vk bands use wigs and exensions a LOT. How else can they grow such long hair within a month? At first I wondered if there’s a tonic to make your hair grow faster. That was when I had no idea that wigs and extensions existed! (O_O)



So, after some research on fake hair, I found out that permanent extensions offer simple and fast pretty hair, but you’ll end up with frizzy and damaged hair when you take them off. It IS called PERMANENT HAIR EXTENSION, so obviously you’ll be wearing them for a long time. You can check out this video on how this model got her hair sewn with permanent extensions.


Diandra Forrest Hair Sew In


I heard that during the sewing, your scalp will feel like it’s going to be ripped off your skull. Scary huh? To me, hurting yourself isn’t worth it. Of course she doesn’t mind her hair being damaged, it’s part of her job to look fabulous at all times, even if it’s fake. So even if her hair is damaged like hell, she could just cut it again and do another sew in extension. We, commoners, don’t really have much money to do it all the time like she does. Having permanent extension at the saloon are quite expensive. Unless you’re really enslaved to beauty, I think this won’t work. At least not for me.

Wigs, on the other hand, is easier to wear, and some say it’s easy to manage too. I think it all depends on the type of material—whether it’s synthetic or real human hair. I guess synthetics are much harder to maintain, especially the cheaper ones. If the material used for the hair strands can’t stand heat, it will frizz up immediately when ironed. It will also be a chore to wash it; it’ll be like washing plastic. As for the permanent extensions, you can wash it like normal, but you’ll have to be careful not to be so harsh on it. You’ll have to wash it carefully using mild shampoo. But sooner or later, the hair strands will come off, so when it starts thinning, you know it’s time to make that decision: either treat your damaged hair or set up another appointment for permanent extension at the saloon. If you do plan to do so, be sure to ask your stylist on how to take care of your hair extension AND real hair better, so that it lasts longer and see if you could help lessen the damage. It’s like consulting a doctor, really. But do think of the consequences. Wigs comes in a variety of colors, length and style. I love how cute the cosplayers look when they wear Hatsune Miku’s wigs, they’re so long and because of the unnatural color, they look like real life Hatsune Miku! Maybe I’ll try wigs too.


Whether it’s permanent or clip-on extensions or wigs, it is still best to go for human hair, but I’m kind of scared that the hair might be some dead people’s hair and will come to haunt me…  Geez. Scary!

4 comments:

  1. Human hair extensions add length and volume to your hair. They can be added partially or weaved fully into the hair. There are numerous ways to apply hair extensions; however, weaving hair extensions has become popular due extended wear and decreased damage to the real hair.
    http://www.wefthairweave.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing that info! I didn't know there are numerous ways to apply hair extensions; I thought the only way is by weaving. And some of my friends say that it hurts! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not leave a comment, however I looked at a few of the remarks on "Hair Extensions".
    I actually do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to
    mind. Could it be simply me or do a few of the responses appear
    like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting at
    additional online sites, I would like to follow you.
    Would you post a list of the complete urls of your social community sites like
    your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter
    feed?

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... nike golf club sets for men

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting!
      Well I'm not sure about that "brain dead" people because I haven't met them before! Maybe they're zombies interested in blogging? (O_O)
      Yes, I've added a subscribe & follow gadget on my home page so feel free to subscribe, though sometimes there are some lousy & useless posts!! Please be patient with me though, because I really can go insane sometimes...(─‿‿─)

      Delete