Saturday 13 October 2012

Eyeliners

Can anyone recommend me any branded but cheap gel eyeliner? Such as Maybelline or IN2IT? Today I just bought a cheap gel eyeliner, just to see how gel eyeliner feels like. I usually wear pencil eyeliner, it's easy to apply and I can smudge it to get the smokey-eyed look. But it transfers too much, it gets under my eye and over my eyelid as well, probably because of my oily skin. I like to use highly-pigmented, soft, creamy and easy-to-apply kind of eyeliner, so I usually end up using ones that are not smudge-proof or waterproof. Pencil eyeliners which are waterproof and smudge-proof are kind of hard to apply on my skin; the colors won't show easily. The skin around my eye is sensitive, so it's pretty painful when applying it, because I'll have to line my eyes many times to force the color out and get the density I want. So, to end my frustrating days with pencil eyeliners, I decided to try the 2nd easiest kind of eyeliner to apply: the liquid kind.

Liquid eyeliners are said to be quite hard to apply, especially for those with shaky hands. I've solved that part though. Try this: When lining your eye with the liquid eyeliner, place your elbow (the one lining your eye) on a stable furniture (on your dressing table, for example). Then line your eyes LIKE A BOSS. ;D

In my opinion, liquid eyeliner is better than pencil eyeliners. Once you get hold of the lining, you'll enjoy lining your eyes using liquid eyeliners. It's non-transferable, unlike pencil eyeliners, and the color is always dense. But, you'll have to wait for it to dry, and you can't smudge it to get the smokey-eyed look. Some even made my eyelids burn until my eyes are teary because it hurts so much. Some liquid eyeliners are flaky once it's dry; they kind of crack and most of them flakes away when rubbed. It's not hard to wash off, but they sure are annoying when it comes into contact with water or touch; they flake really easily. But others washes off easily with or without eye makeup remover.

Nowadays I feel like trying out new stuff. So I bought a cheap gel eyeliner, just to try it out. I've read that gel eyeliners in cream form is better than gel (yeah I don't understand that statement either, but I guess it means that gel eyeliners that are creamy instead of gel-ly is better). Gel eyeliners come in small glass pots. Some brands supply a brush, and some don't. But it's a chore to keep the brush inside my make-up bag. I have no idea how to keep it from touching my other cosmetics except wrapping the brush in a tissue paper and tying it up using a rubber band. I haven't used it yet, but that's what I've been thinking since buying it just now. Can anyone give me some tips on gel eyeliner?? I'm not really planning to use this gel eyeliner everyday; I bought it especially for my Halloween make-up. I need highly pigmented, non-smudging and waterproof kind of gel eyeliner, because I'm going to be a broken porcelain doll. So I need pitch black eyeliner to draw and fill up the cracks. =]


I wonder what kohl eyeliner feels like? But I don't intend on purchasing it though. *_*


No comments:

Post a Comment