Sunday 17 March 2013

COSPLAY MAKEUP: Gensomaden Saiyuki Genjyo Sanzo's Droopy Eyes!

Hey, hey! today, I came up with an idea for future cosplaying--- as Genjyo Sanzo from Gensomaden Saiyuki! I tried to find via internet on Genjyo Sanzo's makeup tips and tricks, but I can't find anything. So I decided to try by myself, and of course, research via Google images XD I tried to study the cosplayers makeup a lot, zoomed in and out, and looking at different angles of Sanzo from the anime itself, in order to recreate Sanzo's droopy-eyed effect.
So, why Genjyo Sanzo?
Simply because he's my favorite anime character. He's got attitude and he has something to hold on to (his principle). However, I can't use him as an idol or I'll end up whacking everybody's head using the harisen XD

Here are some pictures of him (take note of his eyes):














So, my eyes without makeup look like this...


Going cross-eyed after many picture-taking without glasses....

Here are some pictures after my first try:
(no makeup except for the eyeliner and baby powder (my skin was too damn shiny), sorry if you are disturbed by the imperfections :P)

I'm wearing circle lenses, so my iris is a little too big. I had to wear them (they're the only pair left) because I can't see a thing without my glasses!


Really fugly, but who cares... Right?


Front view. My eyebags are unbeatable.


At an angle...


Iris going sideways.....


Fugly, but just to show that the droopy-eyed look is somewhat achieved.
I lined half of my upper eyelid with black pencil eyeliner and I smudged them throughout the outer half of my upper eyelid. Then I lined a little below my lashline using the same black pencil eyeliner. Of course, to make it stay longer, use waterproof gel or liquid eyeliner for the bottom part and use black eyeshadow for the upper eyelid, or any other alternatives that you know of. Remember to fill in the gap between your lower eyelid and the eyeliner with white eyeliner.


More pictures after adjusting my hair, however I don't have blonde hair so anyone please photoshop these for me XD

ATTENTION!!! I DO NOT SMOKE!!! THAT'S A WHITE EYELINER CAP.











Sorry, seems like a bunch of shots with the same angles, but these are the best shots, I hope they're enough to make you see the droopy-eyed effect!!

Oh, wait! There's another one!!









Whoops! Haha! Don't take it too seriously! Just having fun! (─‿‿─)

Hope these pictures can be a small guide for those who are planning to cosplay as Sanzo, the droopy-eyed monk! And good luck doing so!!!

P/S: I know that I can improve the look a lot but I just want to emphasize on the droopy-eyed effect this time! If any of you have any tips and tricks for cosplaying please tell me! I need guidance because this will be my first cosplay! Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment